[simpits-tech] PC cases........

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Dec 31 23:14:57 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 06:25 pm, you wrote:
> Chances are it is steel (test with a magnet).  Either way, a saber saw with
> a fine tooth blade will make short work of the cuts.

	Awesome........would one of these little rigs like what you find at Wal-Mart
be good enough or should I get something more heavy duty? Incidentally, I
also saw some non-powered saws online, just a handle and blade (the Zona set,
namely).......would there be any advantage to this approach with the slower,
more controlled cutting speed (aside from price) or would it just be more
work?

> A standard twist drill will easily bore through aluminum and steel.  I
> would not worry about a cutting fluid.
>
> However, clamp the work down before cutting!  Particularly when you drill
> it.  If the drill catches it will spin the metal and turn it into a big
> cutting blade as it spins.
>
> Marv

	Thanks for the tips, this sounds doable.............

	-Matt Bailey