[simpits-tech] Now I'm lost.

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Wed Dec 31 17:16:44 PST 2003

Chris Brace wrote:

> Now that its finished and having a look at some of the other things
> Chester has built I think the next radio's will use his 20x2 displays
> with a combined 0/8/8 IKFit. These would be simplfy the cabling and
> make
> it somewhat more like the modern radio stuff. In saying that im very
> happy with the end result and there is nothing like using a real
> external radio stack as opposed to using the mouse and keyboard.
> Doesn’t
> even come close.

Now that I have more direction, having found my CRJ panel posters, I've
discovered some stuff. First, the radios are apparently either small CRTs or
LCDs, so I'll probably just use a couple of 2x20 or 4x20 LCDs interfaced
with either an Oopic (have one and know how to use it :) or a Phidget of
some kind. 44780 (or whatever) LCDs are a piece of cake to write to. The MCP
doesn't have any displays of any kind at all, it seems. I'm guessing the
data is integrated into the MFD data. I'm thinking this means I'll be
downloading the FS9 SDK and building my own panels. I just looked through
all the MFD screens and it looks like there are only 3 or 4 that FS9 has
data for so that'll cut down on my work ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net