[simpits-tech] Now I'm lost.

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Dec 31 17:24:10 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 03:27 am, you wrote:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
> > but would be probably relatively straightforward if I was decent at
> > programming.......things like GPS and radar software (just think of a
> > working panel-mounted Garmin......how cool would that be!), accurate
> > avionics, actual working annunciator lights, etc.
> > Speaking of which, it's a shame real GPS panel units are so pricey,
> > seems
> > they would be trivial to interface to sim software as all they really
> > need
> > from the sim is XYZ position.
>
> Have you seen FS04? I'm going to be putting a GPS in my pit simply because
> it'll be one of the easiest parts. 9" monitor, a handful of switches, and a
> nautical mile of wire ;)

	Yeah I picked up FS2004 a few weeks ago and have been having fun with it,
even getting into VATSIM a bit (the main reason I want a headset adaptor).
I'm beginning to realize that my options now are a lot more
open......Simkits, FSUIPC, multi monitor support on one machine, etc......but
then again, MSFS just doesn't have the "feel" or the out-the-window view of
X-Plane (I always thought X-Plane's natural looking view would be just
awesome on a nice big simulator visual system, plus it's insane frame rate).
	Actually I'm not sure a GPS would be so easy, as you'd still need either
rotary switches or rotary encoders for some stuff, plus some way to get just
the GPS display on one monitor. But then the GPS view can be dragged to a
seperate monitor, right? Then the trick would be getting it to fill the
screen.......

	-Matt Bailey