[simpits-tech] Now I'm lost.

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Dec 31 17:16:27 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 03:32 am, you wrote:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
> > Too bad I don't have $3500+ to buy a panel GPS. :) Hmmm, whenever I
> > get
> > my pit going, a nice used older GPS like the KLN89 or similar might be
> > worth saving pennies for.......that would just be too cool. Hmmm,
> > wonder
> > if I could convince my flight school to install FS on a computer there
> > so we can hook up the practice GPS to it instead of using that dorky
> > docking thing........ :)
>
> <insert image of lightbulb over my head>
>
> I'm going to get ahold of Garmin and find out what they want for one of the
> non-functional demo units they make for displays. Chop it up, stuff in a
> suitable LCD, and wire up some switches.

	Neat idea.....would be awesome if you could figure out how/find software to
send the GPS display from FS2004 to its own dedicated display. It has two
Garmin units modeled out-of-the-box. Of course you'd also need to assign the
GPS controls keyboard inputs somehow, a job for FSUIPC perhaps?

	-Matt Baily