[simpits-tech] beta innovations

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Dec 31 17:10:46 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 01:31 pm, you wrote:
> In a message dated 12/31/03 12:05:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>
> mattb at rtccom.net writes:
> >  Just a follow-up.......a quick scan through the GammaRay manual
> > indicates a rotary encoder with decoder provides two inputs, like the
> > Knitter switch. Would this provide better performance than just using a
> > rotary switch?
>
> Yes, though at a somewhat higher price. When I did a bulk prchase of
> Knitters I got them for about $3 each for 100, whereas a decent Rotary
> Encoder will cost at least $5 or $6, plus you need a $10 decoder for every
> three that you have, so you're close to $10 per going that route.
>
> Richard

	Hmmm, it just might be worth it.........have you used the ELITE avionics
panel (I think it's the PFC panel)? How do the Knitters compare to the knobs
on that unit? I find them unacceptably low-quality.......they feel cheap,
look unrealistic, and you have to turn them rather slowly to keep them from
floating.
	Btw, you said you're using the Beta Innovations stuff for the panel, how did
you do the LCD stuff?

	-Matt Bailey