[simpits-tech] beta innovations

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 13:31:05 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/31/03 12:05:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mattb at rtccom.net writes:

>  Just a follow-up.......a quick scan through the GammaRay manual
> indicates a rotary encoder with decoder provides two inputs, like the
> Knitter switch. Would this provide better performance than just using a
> rotary switch?

Yes, though at a somewhat higher price. When I did a bulk prchase of Knitters
I got them for about $3 each for 100, whereas a decent Rotary Encoder will
cost at least $5 or $6, plus you need a $10 decoder for every three that you
have, so you're close to $10 per going that route.

Richard