[simpits-tech] Now I'm lost.

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Dec 30 16:54:01 PST 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 01:23 pm, you wrote:
> In a message dated 12/30/03 2:36:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>
> mysticz28 at swbell.net writes:
> > Came up with an idea that might work to replace rotary encoders with
> > something that works the same, but outputs entirely different keypresses
> > on either side
>
> There's switches that do just that already on the market. There's one made
> by Knitter Switch, in Germany, that costs about $3 each, or a somewhat more
> expensive version by Alps for about $5 per. Both send a single pulse across
> pins A-B if turned one way and across pins B-C if turned the other.
>
> My pit uses Knitter switches. They're not 100% what I wanted, to be honest.
> If you turn them too fast, the contacts skip and you miss pulses. At some
> point I'm going to buy a couple of the Alps switches and see if they're
> better.
>
> Richard

	Hmmm, so these things are actually just two way momentary switches, shorting
different contacts for either direction? I've been looking for just that to
do a simple little avionics panel for X-Plane and MSFS (too "financially
challenged"/cheap to go Hagstrom at the moment). Clicking to tune radios
drives me crazy..........

	-Matt Bailey