[simpits-tech] Radeon vs. GeForce

Steve Wilson mafsix at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 07:12:39 PST 2003

> And if you want something that will support the next MSFS - I'm pretty
sure
> it will need DX9.
>
> Ido

Ditto for OIR, for all us single phaucet phanz (and cannon drivers).

>From Stang over on the Frugal's World forums...

"G2I said recently that OIR will take advantage of the latest graphics
technology. I assume that they are talking about Direct X 9 since that is
the latest. Can you tell us which DX 9 features are included? Which effect
does that have on people with older video cards? Can they still play it?

"We have designed the graphics engine to work with 7 8 and 9. Our advice,
however, is to upgrade to the latest video drivers, and upgrade to dx9b.
Can't tell you about the features, because we haven't implemented them all
yet."

There is also a screenshot from OIR on the G2I forum that shows off the new
clouds to good effect.  I don't know if that requires DX9, but any sort of
hazy look is usually really nasty in terms of frame rate impact.
Videocardus Maximus is highly indicated for us Viper and Hog drivers.
That's what's on my Christmas list!

Steve