[simpits-tech] Radeon vs. GeForce

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Dec 17 09:42:22 PST 2003

Well, keep in mind how the FX5200 and 9600 might compare in their respective
product lines. Ido mentioned the 9600 is a bit higher in the ATI line than
the FX5200 is in nVidia. That said, it seems ATI has taken the lead recently
as far as raw speed is concerned, although I believe the ATI's run a bit
higher in price, no?

I need to upgrade my video card soon (still using a GeForce 2!!!) not sure if
I will go with ATI or nVidia. It used to be hands-down nVidia but the ATI's
are looking more attractive nowadays. Still, nVidia has a considerably better
track record as far as driver quality is concerned, and historically have
been faster.....it will be interesting to see if they catch up to ATI in a
bit. nVidia also has excellent Linux support (a Big Deal for me). Hmmmm......

	-Matt Bailey