[simpits-tech] HUD

Rob Hommel rhommel at tacoma.net
Sun Dec 14 16:57:49 PST 2003

Cedric:

The method you have chosen is perhaps the most difficult and expensive
method to accomplish. I hope you have a reasonable grasp of optical systems.
The basic system is as follows a CRT directed towards a beam splitter or
prism defracting the image through a lens to a flat optical glass. The glass
may need to have an optical coating to make the image visible.

A simpler method of accomplishing this task would be to use a projector
aimed at a mirror directed to a combining glass. Again the glass may best be
used if an optical coating is used.

The data portion from Falcon IV I really have no knowledge of. Perhaps
magenta maybe used I really do not know. I am not familiar enough with
Falcon IV, check with other list members on this issue.

I don’t know if this answers your questions or not, feel free to ask more
questions as you progress on your project.

Keep ‘em Flying
Rob Hommel