[simpits-tech] Hacking a CH Products USB Yoke

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:42:32 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > Yes Gene I have.  When you try to use the MS calibration wizard the red bar
> > won't work.  Usually it disappears.  I plan on picking up a 50K pot just to
> > make sure it will work out of the system but I am sure it will.  Rob is
> > correct on using all three terminals.  They gang the two outside terminal as
> > common to all three pots and use the center terminal as unique to each pot.
> >

> Well for whatever reason they spec'd a 50K pot for the job.  Might as well
> stick with that - can't hurt and it should work the way you expect it to.

I've hacked a lot of sticks lately. Logitech seem to settle on 100k pots
buts others have some (unmarked) that check out on my digital meter as
136k - go figure!

Never EVER throw an old stick out. Some of the pots are custom and cool
for pit projects.  I just rescued a 100k slider pot with 0.5" of movement
from a stick and it works as a throttle sensor on the jetstream perfectly.

Some other sticks have pots with les rotation - these are worth their
weight in gold.

Roy.