[simpits-tech] Tech Help Needed: Aircraft Power

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:08:49 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Jim Sturcbecher wrote:

> I would fully agree with Darren. You really need to know what belongs to
> which circuit function, and VERY carefully check for problems where the
> original wiring has been chopped. When you have sorted it all out and found
> the wiring that you need to use, I would also highly recommend that you
> re-introduce some safety circuits (fuses or breakers) into the new feed
> wiring just in case anything got missed. Be ready for more work than you
> first anticipated.

Thanks Jim. It looks like (with no PDU's) I can slap power onto each bus
and take it from there. I'll be ripping every access panel off though
first to look for damaged wires.

The power supplies I'm installing are all 28v @ 10A and will have their
own fuses in addition to the aircraft breakers.

The main systems I think we need online are the lighting circuits.
Interior lighting is a must, and I want the nav lights to come on at duck
for effect (the hotel will love that). It would also be nice to hook up
the built-in smoke detectors to the alarm system.

One step at a time...

Roy.