[simpits-tech] Dual Differential Toe Brakes.. How? (I'm stuck!)

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 03:07:50 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Ah ok, that sounds better. :) Thought maybe you were lining the pot
> directly to the pedals and just using the hydraulics for feedback. I
> assume by "imbalance" you mean you'd set up the linkage to the pot to
> get a non-linear response? Like, a sharper response curve as the pedal
> nears its extent of travel?

Imbalance like when the pilot and FO disagree on how much brake to use ;)
After thinking about it a bit I think the best way to do it would be with 2
slave cylinders linked to a single pot. The main reason for the cylinders is
just to get rid of a bunch of linkages.

> Heh......college has kept me pretty busy. I don't have the room for a
> cockpit right now anyway (still living at home) but I'd like to start
> working on some "concept" stuff sometime, like gauges, programming,
> visuals, etc. Money is the main obstacle, with time running a close
> second. :) After I graduate next spring I'll probably go to a full
> time
> schedule at work, with flight instruction and job hunting taking up
> most
> of my spare time. :/ But I do like my current job, and once I get a
> flying job, it will all be worth it. :)

School is about to take up a bunch of my time, too. First I'm finishing my
BS in CE, then a PHD in cybernetic engineering. Hopefully one of the
research places very close to here will need me so I'll be close to home.
And I get to use (and learn how to build) bunches of CNC machinery. I'll
have CNC'ed billet everything imaginable.

For the stick, rudder, and throttle I'm going to cheat and connect
everything with USB joystick adapters. Being a cheap bastard makes thing
hard sometimes ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net