[simpits-tech] Rack mount Computer System

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:05:29 -0400

I think it is a form of soldering, but you battle the same problems as with
welding.  Oxides form so quickly that you can't get a good joint.  Again, a
stainless steel brush would help.  The secret is with the metal preparation.

Also, the proper torch (propane or butane?) and temperatures are critical.
I think oxyacetylene is a big no-no.