[simpits-tech] Helo pit builder, anyone?

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:47:40 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Sittisudjatum, Sukit  wrote:

> You have seen your simkits gauges ... man, I don't know how to say..
> they're just GREAT!  You guys always make me scare of making real sim
> "Oh God, I can't do it.. I can't do it !!! LOL)

You can You can You can!

> Matt: Thanks for the explanation on the features of X-plane above other
> sims available from the market.  I'm not sure yet about having a balance
> between flying the accurate helocopter flight model, or enjoy flying
> from place to place in FS2K2.  Say, if I have X-Plane installed, I must
> fly "somewhere" as long as I can't get the local airports (here in
> Thailand).  Besides, I haven't tried X-Plane before (never had a copy ..
> but downloading the demo verion 7.0 now).
>
> I think I want a combination of accuracy (of the flight models) and
> availability (sceneries, etc.).. It will be just a conceptual or
> preliminary design for a while.  Riding Bell 205 Huey in FS2K2 was
> always fun, but if MS can make the accurate flight models (with more
> control commands, of course)... it will be even cooler :)
>
> My friend showed me a auto rotation (idle engine), and landed so smooth
> on the dirt road, then demonstrated Hi-Yoyo .. Man, I was so excited.
> Not to tell about the overhead break and steep turn.. I could only say
> "give me some more aerobatic !!!" :)  When I arrived home, I did all the
> things I had experienced from the real flight.. well, I got 3 stalls and
> crash landings.  Of course, I'm not a good helo driver at all. :)

It is difficult. X-Plane gives a far superior helo sim, while MSFS gives
far better scenery. One of the reasons I love helo's is because they are
so difficult to master, and for that reason I'd go for x-plane.

Roy.