FW: [simpits-tech] A-4Ks...

Chris Brace simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:27:24 +1200

The press are a little ahead of themselves. The same thing was reported
in an NZ aviation magazine two month and then retracted last month.
 I know the NZ liason for the entire deal personally. I was discussing
this with him just a few weeks ago and he said that the press were a
little ahead of themselves. It seems that the NZ Government were still
haggling on price and getting the red tape details out of the way before
signing the deal. Its almost certain they will end up with at ASTI but
technically not yet. Interestingly a company in Auckland NZ put in a bid
to the Govt. to purchase 2 of the A4k's that they planned to contract
out the the NZ Navy for training exercises. A great idea but apparently
the short sighted NZ Govt squashed the idea. Idiots if you ask me. Never
mind.

Cheers
Chris Brace

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Wednesday, 6 August 2003 1:55 p.m.
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] A-4Ks...

Sean, you'll be happy to know that those A-4Ks of yours aren't destined
for the scrap yard.  They're going to ASTI, a company that is playing
the aggressor role to the US armed forces and other countries.  There
was a big article about them in this weeks' Aviation Week.  They also
bought 13 A-4s from Israel.

page.  Thanks!

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.