[simpits-tech] A-4Ks...

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:03:14 -0500

Gene Buckle wrote:

> I'd use a 12V brake light with a bit of aluminum foil glued over the
> "back" half of the bulb.  Tack it in place with cyanoacrylate in the
> corners so it won't blur the "mirror" effect.  It would be a damn
> sight
> cheaper than the $8 a bulb I recently paid to replace one of the
> Grimes
> bulbs in the forward panel flood lamps.
>
> The advantage is that they're cheap and dimmable.

I'd go with some of the smaller automotive bulbs. My Ninja has a single 1157
in the tail light and no one will ride behind me at night. This light as
earned the nickname "The Fires of Hell". It's just plain bloody bright.
Painfully so. I think I've caused at least one wreck with it ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net