[simpits-tech] A-4Ks...

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:45:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Talking floods... anyone tried those cold cathode's that all the
> I_need_a_pretty_case_coz_my_pc_doesn't_actually_DO_anything_special guys
> are using?  I've seen some pretty cool 12v red tubes in various lengths
> which could work as floods.  Only drawback is that there is no way to dim
> them (that I am aware of).

I'd use a 12V brake light with a bit of aluminum foil glued over the
"back" half of the bulb.  Tack it in place with cyanoacrylate in the
corners so it won't blur the "mirror" effect.  It would be a damn sight
cheaper than the $8 a bulb I recently paid to replace one of the Grimes
bulbs in the forward panel flood lamps.

The advantage is that they're cheap and dimmable.

g.