[simpits-tech] A-4Ks...

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:02:28 +1200

>Oh usually. :)  How's your A-4 going?  Done yet? :)

Ah yes... the A-4....

Well I have done a little on it, and must update the webpage with all the
new photos :)
I got my first delivery from Sim Hardware, which includes the LED digits
for the UHF radio, transponder and TACAN, which are currently sitting on
the workbench awaiting fitting into their panels.
I still have not found a suitable solution to the projector fix (thanks for
all the suggestions guys... haven't got around to replying to the emails
yet...) but I am still working on that.

In my_other_projects news;  The P-3k (was a Queenair, then a Kingair... now
it's a sorta_P-3..) is making progress;  I have the extended fuselage
built, with 2 PC's setup along the left hand wall as sensor
stations...  The Simputer is up and running and talking to widefs and SB,
then on to my internet gateway machine (which is shared with the A-4
cockpit...) so I can fly both cockpits on VATSIM at the same time ;-)
This weekends plan is to get the front view monitors mounted, and do a
quick test flight sitting in the drivers chair (Subaru Legacy RS
seats...mmm comfy)
I have the PC's built to run the panel software, all ready for Roy to
finish the X-Panel/MSFS conversion <g>
Quite frightening when you work out how many PC's you actually need to
build a half-pie reasonable sim... I ended up with 8, (plus my laptop to
fill whatever gap needs filling) to run the 2 sims simultaneously.  Thank
Bob widefs can use different ports to identify two separate sims on the
same network!
My PC's are mostly old P1's for basic tasks like Squawkbox, Roger Wilco,
internet connection, nav and simple panels, while the sim machines are a
little more current, that way the costs have not been too shocking, which,
as it turns out is a good thing, coz I just ran out of money :(

<tongue_in_cheek>
So, the F-15 finished is it? huh? huh? enquiring minds need to know <g>
</tongue_in_cheek>

Sean.