AW: [simpits-tech] Panel print-outs

F16 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:42:52 +0200

Hello Chris,

all the panels are sitting in a DZUS-rail grid with a height of 9,525mm =
0,375" per screw and a width from 146,050mm = 57,5". Between two panels are
round about 2mm space. I have measure original panels and the width from
most of this panels are between 143,8 and 145,7mm.

The crazy factor from 103% are a problem from the scanned original layout.
I have checked the dimensions of this plan with many original parts and I
found a scale from 102,95%, that's round about 103%. A big problem of the
original Lockheed plot was, that many parts of the plot have idealistic
measurements. For example, the left and right console have not the original
dimensions, while the original console have a left/right angle from round
about 10 degrees and a back/front angle from round about 5.5 degrees, and
in the plot you have a total sight of top without this angles.

Now, for me was it easier to make my panel drawings with 103% as to make
the complete plot a little bit greater ;-)

I hope, its helpfull for you.
Martin "Pegasus"