[simpits-tech] Hearing voices...

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:50:55 -0400

--B_3133007456_1163737

Would be perfect for the F-16 driver with the throttle com switch.  1
position for Rog. Wilco and the other for internal voice commands.  ;-)

On 4/12/03 2:16 PM, "Alan D. Mazurka" <adm.design@verizon.net> wrote:

> hi, Keenan.
>
> my experience with voice control involves the incredibly cheap ones.
>
> i use(d) microsoft's voice commander with ProPilot for a verrrry nice
> simulation of air traffic control. the low-cost solutions only learn 25 or so
> phrases needed to get the job done - instead of learning every word in the
> english language.
>
> it works pretty well, for something so incredibly cheap. you have to make your
> phrases unique enough so the device does not confuse commands. you can't talk
> out loud (unless you mute the mike), and it will try to match non-words to its
> list of phrases, so a simple exhale into the mike could result in a "voice
> command".
>
> it should do a pretty good job of orchestrating your wingmen, assuming you can
> keep your exclamations to yourself AND keep ambient sounds from being
> interpreted (which is why they usually give you a headset). i am toying with a
> simple 12-key keypad attached to a hagstrom card to do what you describe. it
> should be more accurate, and be programmed to perform uniformly across the
> various simulations i run.
>
> i still use the voice commander for its hardware: speaker/headset switching,
> volume to the headset, and a nice mute button that lights up when pushed. i
> use the headset for roger wilco-ing with buddies.
>
>  - adm -
>

> At 08:45 PM 4/11/03 -0500, you wrote:
>> Has anyone tried using voice recognition software for keyboard inputs? I was
>> thinking that I could use it for the wingman commands in CFS2 (i.e., saying
>> "Attack!" would send a key signal "a", and so on).
>>
>> Keenan

>> Thanks!
>

> Alan D. Mazurka
> adm.design@verizon.net

--B_3133007456_1163737

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [simpits-tech] Hearing voices...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Would be perfect for the F-16 driver with the throttle=
 com switch. &nbsp;1 position for Rog. Wilco and the other for internal voic=
e commands. &nbsp;;-)<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 4/12/03 2:16 PM, &quot;Alan D. Mazurka&quot; &lt;adm.design@verizon.net&=
gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">hi, Keenan.<BR>
<BR>
my experience with voice control involves the incredibly cheap ones.<BR>
<BR>
i use(d) microsoft's voice commander with ProPilot for a verrrry nice simul=
ation of air traffic control. the low-cost solutions only learn 25 or so phr=
ases needed to get the job done - instead of learning every word in the engl=
ish language.<BR>
<BR>
it works pretty well, for something so incredibly cheap. you have to make y=
our phrases unique enough so the device does not confuse commands. you can't=
 talk out loud (unless you mute the mike), and it will try to match non-word=
s to its list of phrases, so a simple exhale into the mike could result in a=
 &quot;voice command&quot;.<BR>
<BR>
it should do a pretty good job of orchestrating your wingmen, assuming you =
can keep your exclamations to yourself AND keep ambient sounds from being in=
terpreted (which is why they usually give you a headset). i am toying with a=
 simple 12-key keypad attached to a hagstrom card to do what you describe. i=
t <I>should</I> be more accurate, and be programmed to perform uniformly acr=
oss the various simulations i run.<BR>
<BR>
i still use the voice commander for its hardware: speaker/headset switching=
, volume to the headset, and a nice mute button that lights up when pushed. =
i use the headset for roger wilco-ing with buddies.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;- adm -<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
At 08:45 PM 4/11/03 -0500, you wrote:<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Has anyone tried using voice recogn=
ition software for keyboard inputs? I was thinking that I could use it for t=
he wingman commands in CFS2 (i.e., saying &quot;Attack!&quot; would send a k=
ey signal &quot;a&quot;, and so on).<BR>
<BR>
Keenan<BR>
<BR>
. &nbsp;Thanks!<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><HR ALIGN=3DCENTER SIZE=3D"3" WIDTH=3D"1=
00%"><BR>
Alan D. Mazurka &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;adm.design@verizon.net &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3133007456_1163737--