[simpits-tech] Motion...

Ed Henderson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:05:41 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_OqePwLkUOr+4+/mhi1o24g)

Roy, have you seen the new "external load" simulator.  They use a
projector pointing down at the floor at a slight angle toward the
cockpit so when you hang your head out the door you can see the load
hanging under the helicopter.  Pretty cool idea.  I am really interested
in the "Dome" that uses a single projector with a special lens that
projects a 120 degree image.  The price of the lens has to be cheaper
than 2 more projectors.

Ed

Roy Coates wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Erwin Neyt wrote:
>

>>Chris is right,
>>
>>motion-simulation = 90% visual + 10% real-motion.
>>
>>One very important requirement for the visual system: peripheral coverage,
>>so at least 120 degrees, more is better.
>>

>Difficult to achieve on a simpitters budget. You could surround yourself
>with monitors but you'd probably microwave your grey matter.
>
>I'm using 3 up-front monitors at 30' to each other, plus 2 'chin window'
>monitors since I'm building a helo pit.
>
>Now if I only had an extra 50,000 for this project.....
>
>Roy.

--Boundary_(ID_OqePwLkUOr+4+/mhi1o24g)

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Roy, have you seen the new "external load" simulator. &nbsp;They use a projector
pointing down at the floor at a slight angle toward the cockpit so when you
hang your head out the door you can see the load hanging under the helicopter.
&nbsp;Pretty cool idea. &nbsp;I am really interested in the "Dome" that uses a single
projector with a special lens that projects a 120 degree image. &nbsp;The price
of the lens has to be cheaper than 2 more projectors.<br>
Ed<br>

<pre></pre>
Roy Coates wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0304021815290.20925-100000@nix.mechnet.liv.ac.uk">
motion-simulation = 90% visual + 10% real-motion.

One very important requirement for the visual system: peripheral coverage,
so at least 120 degrees, more is better.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->