[simpits-tech] Motion...

Gordan Sikic simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:59:39 +0200

Hi Erwin,

Erwin Neyt wrote:
> Chris is right,
>
> motion-simulation = 90% visual + 10% real-motion.

Taking into account today's state of the are visual systems, you are
more than right.

I would like to add that visual is mostly contributing to low frequency
cues (read: attitude, turns, ...), while motion platform mostly
contributes to high frequency sensations (read: inertial loads,
vibrations, ....) That's why many pilots (especially acrobat ones)
stated that simulators aren't realistic -> "the feeling on the butt was
not right" :)

> One very important requirement for the visual system: peripheral coverage,
> so at least 120 degrees, more is better.

also agree :)

ciao,

Gordan