[simpits-tech] Racisim, and leaving the forum.

Calvin Steward simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 06:24:56 -0800 (PST)

--0-768872844-1049466296=:29348

Miss a little - miss a lot,......................
I did not read the threads that have caused all of the uproar.  I am a black male and do not contribute to the group at all (very green, and the technical jargon goes way over my head most of the time).  Like many of the "newbie's" I joined (and have stayed) because I find the wealth of knowledge here encouraging.  I do plan on building a pit some day (my wife loves that it will be later [laughs]).
I guess I am writing so that I can pile on and say that I think you do a wonderful job with the group Gene.  Maybe the top 10% of you who have pits or have almost completed yours could do without the group, but for us beginners this is the watering hole where every goes to talk about the one that got away, and what can we do to beef up our bird so that it doesn't happen again.
By the way,..... as long as I have come out from the dark I want to let the group know that if one of your F-16 fly boys ever decides to retire I would be interested in taking a look at your bird (or if somewhat is ready to start a new one and doesn't know what to do with the old).  We would have to talk dollars, but I would certainly like to try and crunch the numbers.
Calvin
 Ben Jones <bjones@pipecomp.com.au> wrote:Whell Ladies and Gents ......

I had not logged of for 4 days and read any emails untill this
afternoon............

ahh things are not happy from what i have read.

I my self are a military man , and a civillian man ,i have views and yes i
have read all about history , i must admitt in the simpits-chat forum i
have fuelled some religious debates with some scarcastic one line comments
then backed off to watch the fallout , i do appologise for that to all , i
am a young person i swear like a trooper ( Albert will attest to that !) ,
but if i have sworn in a post to simpits-tech i believe i have made it
tastefull and " beeped " it out where i think it was over the top to
actually print it in plain english .

from now on i will curb my language and quick scarcastic comments,

we are all here to show off our work on out simpits, share ideas , post
solutions and basically enjoy everyones input , we come from a huge array of
job employments , experience , and technical levels, many have been figher
pilots, many have been civi pilots and some have never lined up on a runway
opened the taps and felt the aircraft lift off the ground in a real
aircraft, this is what makes this group so excellent .... if we all had
the same experience and knoledge new ideas would never be found !!.

Well done to gene for hosting and putting up with a lot of crap ( SCRIPT
KIDDIES ) in the due course of running this service . i salute you

But the big mistake that unfolded in this previous discussion , was the
direct attack on some one personally , in a verry unkind way, and not
knowing when to let go of a discussion wich you feel pationate about , being
in the wrong formum to keep harping on plainly what can be read in any
history book, face the facts it happened in the past lets get on and build
a pit.

BEN ( Donning flame resistant nomex flying suit ) JONES
bjones@pipecomp.com.au