[simpits-tech] Racisim, and leaving the forum.

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:24:44 -0800

>I don't contribute much to the group, but I read pretty much every word of
>every post. Some of it goes over my head (by a couple of thousand feet) but
>all of it is interesting, even the odd off topic posts (and some have been
>very odd).
>Not every one has a source of genuine a/c parts, nor the knowledge of
>electronics or programming, we can't all afford pre-manufactured panels or
>Marv's superb Cougar mod. One thing we can all afford is the dream. Be it of
>a fully functioning replica of a fighter cockpit or an airliner flight deck.
>This group helps keep that dream alive. The advice and guidance of its
>members has enabled some people to do some amazing things and encouraged
>many others to try. Gene YOU ARE the simpits group. Without your generosity
>Simpits would not be here today. We do take you for granted but we ALL
>appreciate the time, effort, skill and money you put into the group and I
>doubt there is another member who has enough of these commodities to take on
>the job. Thank you.
>
>Dave
>Just one of the cats.

Dave, thanks for the kind words.  Simpits was created for people just
like you.  Face it, we _all_ had a dream at one point or another to
build a simulator cockpit of our very own.  Some of us got stupid-lucky
like me and ended up with real hardware but the vast majority of you are
scratchbuilding for nearly nothing what cost governments and commercial
companies millions.  Enjoy the resource, it's here to be used.  Just
keep the political discussions off list.

(and please, PLEASE don't disect any more of my jokes. *grin*)

g.