[simpits-tech] Racisim, and leaving the forum.

Dave simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 02:13:51 +0100

>If anyone around here thinks they can do a better job of moderating this
>list and running simpits, they're welcome to it.  I'll turn the whole
>fucking thing over right now.  Think twice about it though, you'll get
>nothing but complaining users (with the exception of about 40-50 people),
>constant script kiddie attacks, constant spam attacks, bandwidth rapists,
>pirates trying to turn the website and ftp site into a file trading
>service, etc.  I won't even bother detailing the personal attacks you can
>look forward to if you ever try to herd this bunch of cats.

g.

I don't contribute much to the group, but I read pretty much every word of
every post. Some of it goes over my head (by a couple of thousand feet) but
all of it is interesting, even the odd off topic posts (and some have been
very odd).
Not every one has a source of genuine a/c parts, nor the knowledge of
electronics or programming, we can't all afford pre-manufactured panels or
Marv's superb Cougar mod. One thing we can all afford is the dream. Be it of
a fully functioning replica of a fighter cockpit or an airliner flight deck.
This group helps keep that dream alive. The advice and guidance of its
members has enabled some people to do some amazing things and encouraged
many others to try. Gene YOU ARE the simpits group. Without your generosity
Simpits would not be here today. We do take you for granted but we ALL
appreciate the time, effort, skill and money you put into the group and I
doubt there is another member who has enough of these commodities to take on
the job. Thank you.

Dave
Just one of the cats.
---