[simpits-tech] RE: New Black Box--Aviation headset

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:18:37 -0500

Gene, do they have a web site?  I just got my HGU-55/P helmet today and
my oxygen mask is on the way.  I need to be able to adapt or replace the
microphone and ear speakers so that I can interface them with the sound
card during simulation.

Someone mentioned there were plans to "rewire" as the case may or may
not be.  If someone has those plans, I would like to get them as a
soldering iron is my second best friend.

Jay

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:50:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gene Buckle <geneb@deltasoft.com>
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] New black box...

I recently got a PC Aviator catalog in conjunction with a recent issue
of
PC Aviator Magazine.  (PCA purchased MicroWings and their subscriber
base)

In the catalog there is a neat little device called the "AudioPilot
Aviation Headset Adaptor".  It will allow you to use a standard aviation
headset with your regular pc sound card.  They're charging $34.95 for it
and I'm going to be ordering one soon.  I don't know how well they work
or
what they require beyond the headset.

At $35, you really can't beat this for a cockpit audio system if you've
got a real headset.

enjoy!

g.