[simpits-tech] Marv: driving DBQ gauges??

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:43:52 -0400

Good question.  The easiest way to get these gauges rolling is with the
Phidget Servo board.  They are very inexpensive and are USB interfaced.

To do the same thing from the EPIC would be at least the cost of a Phidget
Servo board, so there isn't much sense to it.

However, there are off-the-shelf ICs that you can buy that will drive a
servo.  Most have a I2C serial interface.  This is an option is you really
prefer to roll-your-own.

Gene will be working on the software for the PC so be sure to pester him.
;-)  However, not so much that he can't get the job done.

Marv