[simpits-tech] F-16 Cougar Force Transducer Base - NeedYourFeedback!

Steve Wilson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:52:27 -0500

The newsgroup post got a second reply today. (below)

Greg Fieser saw your little budding beauty and was completely impressed.  He
really does work for the Link folks, and admits he isn't 100% certain.  He did
offer up some additional info, and I will forward that to you offline, Marv.

Steve
_____________________________
On 30 Oct 2002 15:55:26 -0800, gdfieser@link.com (Greg D) wrote:

>"Steve Wilson" <mafsix@attbi.com> wrote...
>> Does one pull perfectly, directly aft on an F-16 joystick to induce
>> pitch up, or is the actual angle skewed clockwise somewhat from the
>> longitudinal axis of the jet?
>
> Straight back.  I work at Link and have a couple of hundred hours in
> F-16 UTD sims and that's how they work here.  I've never flown a real
> one but we do have to meet fidelity requirements so I'm sure it's the
> same.
>
>   Greg

Having seen the UTD myself I wouldn't claim it for fidelity.  That
said, the stick does indeed go straight aft for pure pitch as the arm
rests directly in line with the stick.

Ross "Roscoe" Dillon
USAF Flight Tester
(B-2, F-16, F-15, F-5, T-37, T-38, C-5, QF-106)