[simpits-tech] LED's and Encoders working!

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:52:23 -0800 (PST)

That is pretty slick.

I am very Interested in the multiple channel idea.
That would add a _huge_ amount of realism to my sim,
plus make it easier to operate.

I don't need the NAV to have a Nav 2, the F-4 doesn't
have that function, but thats not a big deal, i simply
don't have to use the feature. The NAV (VOR) panel is
located on the left side of the cockpit and the COM
panel is on the right.

To see the F-4 panel look at the photo on the bottom
of this page, its the radio to the right.
http://www.geocities.com/cap17.geo/COMMUNICATIONS.html

Justin

Thanks,

The way I have designed this to work is thus : in COM
mode the panel will show
and tune COM1 on the top LED and COM2 on the bottom
LED. In NAV mode the its
the same but for NAV1 and NAV2 respectively.
In Dual mode, the top LED will display and tune either
COM1 and COM2 depending
on the channel selector (red toggle switch) setting
and the bottom LED will
display and tune NAV1 and NAV2 depending on the
switch. This way a single
panel can track ALL 4 radios at once.
As a side note, I have coded my software to handle
either the active or
standby frequencies so that I can if I want, make a
version that does this too.

One the 20 channels thing, it could be written into a
client program (like my
radio code) and display on the LED the channel number
and freq. when its
selected from the panel it would switch COM1 to that
freq in the sim. I could
probably get something like this going relatively
quickly (including the LED
code etc.) Interested?

Chris.