[simpits-tech] MM5451 LED Driver

Steve Wilson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:52:38 -0500

I remember discussing this with a certain someone back in the days of yore.

I would need to really get into this with F4, which I am embarrassed to admit
I don't even have "up" right now, since I recently reconfigured *that* PC recently
and all I have going on it are my CGI toyz.  But what CS said was something to
the effect of the fact that the gear values in F4 weren't integers - and that the
"extension value" was between 0 and 1 while the gear was on it's way to
full extension or full retraction.  This state could be detected in the code, and
thus one would illuminate the gear handle light with a GBLED or two or three.
I also remember seeing individual lights for each of the three gears, but I can't
put my finger on that at the moment.  Definitely something that could be played
with though, to add that extra touch of realism.  Ya just gotta play clever with the
code.  ;-)

Steve
--
 Steve Wilson, mafsix@attbi.com on 10/30/2002