[simpits-tech] LED's and Encoders working!

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:42:01 -0800 (PST)

Chris,
Congratulations, it looks great!  I'll tell you what
I'd be interested in is the Nav and Com units
separately, and not installed in a panel. I'd like to
simply use them in my own panels. What does the "dual"
selection on the master rotary do?

Something else I wish I could get is a program that
allowed the radio to have more than 2 presets. The F-4
Phantom has something like 20 programmable presets
organized into channels. I guess this would have to be
a module written for FS.

Justin

--------------------------------------

 Guys, an update for you on the work Ive been doing
with Phidgets LED's and
Encoders.
  I've finally got my Real Radio working with
MSFS2002.
  And what is RealRadio you ask?
  Its my version of a generic GA external (pit
installable) radio stack or
panel that interfaces with MSFS2002 and uses off the
shelf USB Phidget
LED's, Encoders and the Interface Kit.
  Basically a single panel version has 2 x Phidget
LED's (8x7seg) , 2 x
Encoders and an IFKIT (7 inputs and 1 output) for
switches and lights. What
my Real Radio code allows you to control is either
Nav1 and Nav2
exlcusively, or Com1 and Com2 exclusivly, or a
combination of Com1/Com2 and
Nav1/Nav2 using a toggle switch to change between the
two.
   My idea if for more generic GA type panels (one of
my projects is a
C172), but I'm more than happy to help those of you
planning military pits
that interface with FS2002 to give them a more miliary
look and feel if your
interested.
  I have pictures and video footage of it in action no
my website
(www.chrisb.co.nz).
  Its taken a long time to get to this point but Im
very happy with progress
to date.
  Next off the block Im working on a XPDR withing a
single LED and 2 (or 4)
Encoders, this shouldnt take long at all. After that
is the DME panel, using
2xLED's and then finally the AP panel again using
2xLED's a bunch of toggle
and push button switches.
  Hopefully they will all be complete by the end of
this year.
  But basically since my code is very modular, its now
a simple stuff to
write other interface programs (Im using VB6).

  Anyway, for those that want a look, check it out
(and please be patient
with my website, I host it myself over a sluggish
128Kbit link so those
videos will take a while)
   Have fun,

  Cheers