Re[3]: [simpits-tech] converting instruments

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:38:33 -0500

I dont have it hooked up yet but it really requires that I have the Control
Loader/ Artificial Feel /Trim system hooked up, for me to be able to fly the
damned thing.
My pots for flight control are hooked up to mechanical outputs from that
system rather than directly to the stick itself and that system is only on
paper right now.
In my system you will be able to use the trim hat on the stick to "drive"
the stick to a new force point, since the motors drive "Feel system" which
in turn is connected to each out put for the stick ( pitch and roll) each is
on a seperate channel. If I want to hold a particular attitiude on the
plane, I will be able to trim to stick to the place that creates that
attituide and leave it with out holding it there. Mechanically it seems
complex but its really easy to make. I just need to have motors to drive the
system that can operate alot with out over heating , and have the correct
speed to drive the feel system units back and forth. The stick wants to find
the null point in the center of the Feel system units and by driving that
unit back and forth the stick will follow it. If you are holding the stick
while the trim system is repositioning the FEEL System to a new point you
will feel the load in that direction getting heavier or lighter ( what ever
is appropriate). Anyway I suck at describing things verbally, it works much
better in a technical illustration.

I may know a place to grab an F-15 SFS box, but I wont be going there until
December. I always keep you in mind when I am out and about, now you keep
your eyes open for me too, : )

Take care,

Chris w