[simpits-tech] Hello

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:59:10 -0400

--=====================_992533==_.ALT

HI, Brian.

Gene doesn't have to apologize for his opinion any more than you should for
yours.

This is a country of free speech, and the flip side of this right is
tolerance for the opinions of other's.

You are going to have to learn to tolerate (read: not become offended by)
the opinion of others - it's that simple. When we start limiting other's
speech to fit our own sensitivities, things begin to get very scary, indeed.

The debates about 1 engine versus 2 repeat themselves just as often on this
list as politics are on the others. I blow them off as fast as i can
speed-read them, and walk away none the less offended. The engines of the
craft in my "pit" can pull 50 eagles (with afterburner) backwards, but i
don't feel offended by anybody's opinion on 1 engine versus 2.

Of course, there are other countries where everyone loves their leader, and
no one has to be offended by differing opinions.

Iran, Iraq and Libya are a few that quickly spring to mind.

  - adm -

At 02:31 PM 10/22/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I didnt say he was wrong to say what he did, only it rubbed me the wrong
>way, I read the list to relax and enjoy,I'm free to say anything I want
>also, but realizing this is not a debating list, I choose to stay away from
>topics which may offend national/international subscribers or folks on the
>other side of the fence , religiously and politicly. Theres enough Bush
>bashing in the air simulation newsgroups and air simulation forums to
>fullfill anyones appetite, not too mention the left media, BTW, Pres. Bush
>has a bachelor's degree from Yale University and a Master of Business
>Administration from Harvard Business School, certainly that relegates him
>above idiot status. I certainly realize the list has a large international
>audience, my comments to Gene over the jest was made more for their
>consumption ,because of what the press spoon feeds them, (Reuters, UPI, CNN)
>I think they largly think that most Americans do not stand behind the
>President, I only want to present my views to them, since 911 , I have to
>admit, I do take some matters quite serious. I'll get back off the soapbox,
>sorry for the offtopic thread.

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_992533==_.ALT

HI, Brian.<br><br>
Gene doesn't have to apologize for his opinion any more than you should
for yours.<br><br>
This is a country of free speech, and the flip side of this right is
tolerance for the opinions of other's.<br><br>
You are going to have to learn to tolerate (read: not become offended by)
the opinion of others - it's that simple. When we start limiting other's
speech to fit our own sensitivities, things begin to get very scary,
indeed.<br><br>
The debates about 1 engine versus 2 repeat themselves just as often on
this list as politics are on the others. I blow them off as fast as i can
speed-read them, and walk away none the less offended. The engines of the
craft in my &quot;pit&quot; can pull 50 eagles (with afterburner)
backwards, but i don't feel offended by anybody's opinion on 1 engine
versus 2.<br><br>
Of course, there <i>are</i> other countries where everyone loves their
leader, and no one has to be offended by differing opinions.<br><br>
Iran, Iraq and Libya are a few that quickly spring to mind.<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 02:31 PM 10/22/02 -0500, you wrote:<br>
what he did, only it rubbed me the wrong<br>
way, I read the list to relax and enjoy,I'm free to say anything I
want<br>
also, but realizing this is not a debating list, I choose to stay away
from<br>
topics which may offend national/international subscribers or folks on
the<br>
other side of the fence , religiously and politicly. Theres enough
Bush<br>
bashing in the air simulation newsgroups and air simulation forums
to<br>
fullfill anyones appetite, not too mention the left media, BTW, Pres.
Bush<br>
has a bachelor's degree from Yale University and a Master of
Business<br>
Administration from Harvard Business School, certainly that relegates
him<br>
above idiot status. I certainly realize the list has a large
international<br>
audience, my comments to Gene over the jest was made more for their<br>
consumption ,because of what the press spoon feeds them, (Reuters, UPI,
CNN)<br>
I think they largly think that most Americans do not stand behind
the<br>
President, I only want to present my views to them, since 911 , I have
to<br>
admit, I do take some matters quite serious. I'll get back off the
soapbox,<br>
sorry for the offtopic thread.<br><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
Not to go completely political on this list, but I gotta say this. I
stand<br>
behind Bush myself. He may not be the greatest president ever, but I'm
sure<br>
glad he was around for the 11th rather than that other guy. That being
said,<br>
there is NEVER a time when someone shouldn't be able to make a
critical<br>
comment about the president. Gene's comment isn't going to undermine
his<br>
authority or make his job any harder, it's just an oppinion/joke. Last
I<br>
checked those are still legal. As much as I can disagree with some of
the<br>
critics sometimes, I still believe people have the right to
criticize<br>
whoever they want until they're blue in the face. If you start nibbling
at<br>
those rights, you are heading back to the dark days of McCarthy. No
thanks.<br><br>
And yes, this is all coming from a conservative and a member of the
Armed<br>
Forces.<br><br>
Brian<br><br>
----Original Message Follows----<br>