[simpits-tech] wounded seal

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:17:29 +1300

At 12:39 AM 10/22/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Sean Galbraith wrote:
> >
> > Batt Drill, G-Clamp and Jigsaw.....
>
>Sherline mill, Harbor Freight lathe, Lincoln MIG, a couple of torches,
>huge drill press, and a gigantic air compressor, plus all the usual
>wrenches and stuff that one gathers over the years...

Well if we're playin' *that* game...

3 lathes (one which will swing 200Kg's on a 450mm faceplate, a capstan
(sp?) with 6 heads fitted, and a couple of baby 3 phase jobbies (my fav' is
the little "made in Japan" wonder)), 2 Mills (one real old fashioned but
accurate beast, one ugly inaccurate modern pig) 2 press-brakes (Charmers 35
ton/8ft mechanical, and a modern 17 ton hydraulic (which we
broke...oops!)), 4 power presses (17 ton multi purpose mechanical, 35 ton
multi purpose mechanical, 70 ton mechanical with air-bed, 100 ton
hydraulic/air), 8ft mechanical guillotine, 100Amp 3 phase spot welder, 2 x
300Amp seam welders, TIG/MIG/ARC/Gas welding. 3 phase 4" linisher.....

> > Hang on!  Isn't that the Official Harley Davidson toolkit?
>
>Not for my Harley. I just got a 95 Buell S2. Lots of allen wrenches, a
>#3 phillips head for the bodywork and air cleaner, and a few more
>sockets and combination wrenches for the rest. Gotta love this bike.
>It's a Harley with WP inverted forks, a hand built frame, all glass
>bodywork except the carbon fender and air cleaner, Marchesini wheels,
>blueprinted engine, and a boatload of torque. Lots of fun playing "find
>the exhaust" with people that have no clue what they're looking at.
>
>I'm thinking about trying to put an XB9R fairing on her just for kicks.

Oh YES!   a Harley which stops goes and steers!

Sean.