[simpits-tech] HUD

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:34:09 +0000

That is pretty interesting! In the article I read about the Bird Of Prey way
back when (had to have been about 2 years ago), it was proposed that it was
a replacement for the F-111. It would sweep its wings all the way back
(fully OUT) to go slow and drop bombs. Partway forward and it would be ULTRA
manouverable (ala X-29), and fully forward the wings would actually mate
with the fuselage, turning the thing into essentially a very FAST flying
wing. Kinda looked like an arrowhead. The article I read suggested that the
plane would be revealed within the next year or two, guess they were right.
Too bad they didn't get the other details.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Woodul" <crewstation1@charter.net>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] HUD
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:27:10 -0500

Hi Brian,

I went to some of the links after reading the artical on the planes
unvieling and I found a Black Aircraft link. I read an intguing artical by a
guy who witnessed a stealthy transport type airplane that looked like a
cross between the secret Northrop TACIT BLUE aircraft and a C-130 with a T
Tail. It had engines inbedded in the body on the roof. The theory was that
it is for covert troop insertion at night, read: special operations types.
the thing was spotted in daylight near Amarillo Texas and the thing was in
communication with regular ATC. I think I read that it might have been
having some troubles.
I dont know if the guy was full of crap but it was really intersting to
read.

Chris