[simpits-tech] HUD

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:06:28 +0000

Oh my goodness! I hadn't seen that!

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviation/article/0,12543,365576,00.html

It's funny, I remember seeing an article in Popular Science or Mechanics,
can't remember which, that was talking about this aircraft. Of course, at
the time no-one knew what it was, but they had the patch (the only reason I
knew they were talking about the same aircraft). And there had of course
been many sightings. It's too bad, though, the airplane that popsci/mech was
showing before it was revealed was pretty dang cool. Variable forward-swept
wings! A pretty neat concept. Hopefully it will be made someday.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Woodul" <crewstation1@charter.net>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] HUD
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:52:32 -0500

By the way,

Why has no one commented on the "just unvieled" Boeing BIRD OF PREY secret
aircraft?
I was sent a link to it today and somehow missed its unvieling on TV.
Totally odd bird, I know its basicly just an earlier manned version of the
X-45 UCV but its kinda cool looking.
Has a Stencel Ejection Seat in it.

Chris

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!