[simpits-tech] More Projector questions,

Darren Beaumont simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:18:26 +0100

Derek,

The book is an excellent read.  I first came across it about 9 years ago in
the CAA library at Gatwick, it was 6 years before I could get a copy myself,
as it was out of print for quite a while.

Re mis-alignment, he said you didn't really notice until you were 'flying',
luckily they have sick bags on board just in case.

The 'Bandit' is on hold just at the moment and has been for the past eight
weeks.  For my sins I am studying with the Open Uni, so my time is very
limited at the moment.  Mind you I am using one of the flightdeck seats at
my computer desk, it's extremely comfortable.

I did remove, strip, clean and re-build the throttle quadrant.  Took two
days, and the plan was to get it wired to the Epic card.  Unfortunately I
need to do some modifications, and I haven't quite worked out how to do them
yet.  If anyone has any ideas as to connect throttle levers to either rotary
or slide pots, then please let me know.

I have re-wired the overhead panel - its on a little stand, so I could play
with the Epic card and FS2002.

Next stage is to start to build a proper test rig with the flight controls
connected up.  If I can magic up some time and money, I hope to do this
before the year is out.

Hows your project coming along?

Darren