[simpits-tech] More Projector questions,

D E simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:54:05 +0000

Thanks Darren,

Book sounds very interesting ... and the course also .. maybe i should start
saving for that.

>A vacuum has to be applied to the mylar mirror system, every time you want
>to use the visual system.

I thought this was the case. hrmmm Does make it more challenging (i
suppose).

>Apparently the projectors had to be kept online 24/7, except for >essential
>maintenance (there was a screen saver introduced into the >visual system).
>If not, the projectors would slowly go out of >alignment, due to
>heating/cooling cycle of the CRT tubes.  He said >there was weird and
>wonderful effects when the projectors were out >of >alignment, and caused a
>few incidents of 'motion' sickness.

Cerainly is interesting how perception works .. i imagine that the
mis-alignment would have been quite subtle.   I wonder if i will need to
throw up a few times to get mine set up correctly? hehe

I don't know, maybe it is a little bit ambitious but using some of the 'big
boys' ideas i am sure something fairly decent could be accomplished.

Derek

PS. how is your 'Bandeirante' coming along?

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!