[simpits-tech] Tool Time

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:53:01 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Rob Hommel wrote:

> I have been thinking about writing a short review of tools as a side for
> Simpits, there happens to be a considerable number of folks not knowing just
> where to start on building a pit or what tools to purchase to get the job
> done. My reviews of tools are not an absolute just my opinion. I hope that
> no one thinks of this as a list of tools needed to build a pit as many of
> the tools will not be used by most builders. Like most people who use tools
> we are likely to brag about our tools and the things we can build with them.

Funnily enough, after the rash of emails I got after building my pit, I
started doing some pages on materials used, and how best to work with
them. Myabe the two could go hand-in-hand for newbie pit builders.

> Should the review of tools go over well I may go into a bit on tool usage
> and some of the things Gene and I build and modify to get this F15 simulator
> flying. Let me know what you folks want and I will try and cover it. Gene
> and I have been talking about building a Me109 sim and should we pursue this
> project we will cover in in depth and provide templates to pit builders so
> that they may copy our work, is this something you would like to see?

Not me, I hate working to other peoples plans - half the fun for me is the
"how the HELL am I gonna do that!?" phase :)   However, I'm sure many
people would lvoe something like that - look how many plans Norm sells.
Plans are popular.

> Trust me on this Gene works very hard on this project and it is only due
> to the fact that we can work together in silence that we get it done
> should one of us try and explain what we are doing it only confuses us.

That is a rare and wonderful team - enjoy it!

Roy.