[simpits-tech] New Hobby...

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:26:18 +0300

If you really want a long work, try the pochers - only cars but 1800 pieces
and up - the have amazing details and are 1/8 scale.
Try these if you want to see :
www.pocher.net
http://www.modelmotorcars.com/

the problem is that you only get them on ebay and they go for 300$ and way
way up

Ido

             Roy Coates
             <roy@flightlab.
             liv.ac.uk>                                                 To
             Sent by:                 simpits-tech@simpits.org
             simpits-tech-ad                                            cc
             min@simpits.org
                                                                       bcc

             10/16/2002                                            Subject
             09:08 PM                 [simpits-tech] New Hobby...

             Please respond
             to simpits-tech

I must confess to a new hobby.

I'm in between pits at the moment and missing the 'build buzz' and
following a comment made by a friend of mine, I picked up a couple of
models. Yep, you remember them, the Airfix/Academy/Frog/Aliteri type
things!

This is great fun, takes me back 30 years to when I used to throw these
things together as a kid. Of course wih age comes patience and the need to
'do it right' which means each kit is a loooong and delicate process (much
like pit building)

I've got a few on the go at the moment, a Westland Wessex, a Wasp, a T-38,
a Chinook, a UH-1, a BAe Lightning and an F4. Hell, more than I thought!

A trip to the model shop was an eye-opener, things have changed a lot in
thirty years and I found myself buying strange toys like airbrushes and
weird acrylic paints.

Anyway.. my sadness has been confirmed!  The office looks a bit more
interesting now though.

Roy.