[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:06:31 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Bob Phillips wrote:

> > Sadly... not a snowballs chance in hell. Believe it or not, but the 'boss'
> > is worried that using a fighter that saw service in the Gulf or
> > Afghanistan could cause upset with some of our foreign students.
>
> If they are upset about seeing a fighter, then they probably need to be
> reminded why.  If they don't play nice with the big boys they get to see the
> big boys not play nice with them.  Remember that your history is one of
> great empire, leader of the world, and defender of freedom.  There is not a
> colony that the British Empire had that is not better off for your being
> there (including the American colonies), even if they do not want to admit
> it.  You helped to educate over half the world, instill the ideas of
> freedom, justice, fair play, and brought most of them into the modern world.
> It is the narrow minded thinking of your boss that would have you close your
> museums, rewrite your history, and beg forgiveness of someone that never did
> anything but complain that the world is not fair to them.  I say tough, if
> you are so bad, just why the hell are they there in your country?
>
> Sorry for the vent, but it is about time that some people were reminded that
> there are rules of civilization and that they should learn them.  And that
> the rules also apply to those that act un-civilized.

Don't know if I agree about the Empire thing, I think we behaved like
arrogant asses. As for the ideas of freedom, justice and fair play - that
seems to be rapidly disappearing here.

I do quite agree with the good guy/bad guy thing though. If they hadn't
broken accepted rules there would be no problem.

Roy.