[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:33:09 -0400

--=====================_975209==_.ALT

hi,

while we're on the "sounds" tangent......

i'm still looking for a dos-shell, command-line-based sound player.

trips to c|net and others have failed.

before i start into learning the W32 api, has someone done this before????

thanks,

  - adm -

At 09:43 PM 10/13/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm not really an expert on 'processing' sounds, but an idea that has been
>floating around in my mind has been to mix 'inaudible' sound-triggers with
>the original gamesounds. For example a triangular wave of a specific
>(inaudible) frequency and specific length that would trigger other actions
>(sound filters, warning lights etc.)within the cockpit.
>
>This would however require a sound processing device that would send
>specific sounds to different outputs depending on these triggers. In case of
>"comms" the triggers would have to precede the spoken message.
>
>I don't know if this theory is practically possible at all. Another concern
>is the 'frequency range' supported by most soundcards, which doesn't leave
>much room in the 'inaudible' range I think.
>
>I'm very interested what aothers will have to share on this theory...

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_975209==_.ALT

hi,<br><br>
while we're on the &quot;sounds&quot; tangent......<br><br>
i'm still looking for a dos-shell, command-line-based sound
player.<br><br>
trips to c|net and others have failed.<br><br>
before i start into learning the W32 api, has someone done this
before????<br><br>
thanks,<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 09:43 PM 10/13/02 +0200, you wrote:<br>
I'm not really an expert on 'processing' sounds, but an idea that has
been<br>
floating around in my mind has been to mix 'inaudible' sound-triggers
with<br>
the original gamesounds. For example a triangular wave of a
specific<br>
(inaudible) frequency and specific length that would trigger other
actions<br>
(sound filters, warning lights etc.)within the cockpit.<br><br>
This would however require a sound processing device that would
send<br>
specific sounds to different outputs depending on these triggers. In case
of<br>
&quot;comms&quot; the triggers would have to precede the spoken
message.<br><br>
I don't know if this theory is practically possible at all. Another
concern<br>
is the 'frequency range' supported by most soundcards, which doesn't
leave<br>
much room in the 'inaudible' range I think.<br><br>
I'm very interested what aothers will have to share on this
theory...<br><br>
----- Original Message -----<br>