[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:43:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm not really an expert on 'processing' sounds, but an idea that has been
floating around in my mind has been to mix 'inaudible' sound-triggers with
the original gamesounds. For example a triangular wave of a specific
(inaudible) frequency and specific length that would trigger other actions
(sound filters, warning lights etc.)within the cockpit.

This would however require a sound processing device that would send
specific sounds to different outputs depending on these triggers. In case of
"comms" the triggers would have to precede the spoken message.

I don't know if this theory is practically possible at all. Another concern
is the 'frequency range' supported by most soundcards, which doesn't leave
much room in the 'inaudible' range I think.

I'm very interested what aothers will have to share on this theory...