[simpits-tech] F-16 Force Transducer Side Stick - Update....

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:07:14 -0400

Well, the plan is to get the price down to $300.  So far, the material cost
is under control.  What is not well understood is the labor costs, but I
feel the goal is reachable.  We will see when the first prototype is
complete.

The answer to the last question is probably yes.  The actual transducer will
have its own electronics and will drive a standard PC game port or EPIC (or
equivalent).

The electronics for the switches will probably use the Cougar's electronics.
I'll prove and extension cable that plugs into the Cougar's base and it
should work.  I'll need to prove that theory out, although.

When my Cougar arrives I will see how I can mate the grip.  The Cougar's
design does not have the right mounting angle at the base.  I will need to
make an adapter so the grip tilts forward 5 to 10 degrees.  This means that
the plug and screw on ring will probably need to be replaced with my
adapter.  I don't know how much work will be required to do this, but the
base will include some sort of "kit" to do this.  I just don't know yet.

I want it to look as real as humanly possible.  I don't like to compromise.
;-)