[simpits-tech] RE: Seat and Hal Sensors

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:09:28 -0500

After seeing that seat, I won't settle for anything less than that.
That's what I had in mind when I started mine, but I don't really have
the knowledge to work with those types of materials.

Gene, guess we can bring this discussion here about the cougar and EPIC.
The rudder pedals I use are simpeds made by Dieter Hoffman in Germany.
I'm sure many of you have heard about them.  He uses Hal sensors in the
pedals and they are slick as Crisco.  Very nice.  I was curious; how is
using Hal sensors going to make the Cougar compatible with the Epic
system as opposed to Pots?  Wouldn't you have to "rewire" the cougar to
make it into a 15 pin out joystick so that you could plug it into the
EPIC and then use EPIC to program the buttons on the throttle and
Joystick?  And the throttle is a 15 pin out but seems to be in the
configuration of 5x3 (similar to a VGA plug) instead of 8 over 7 game
port config.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

Jay "Crease-guard"