[simpits-tech] Simulating g

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:05:47 -0500

Hi Brian,

I actually really enjoy watching the group solve many of these problems with
much ingenuity!
I wish I had more time to sit and write, but by the time I come home each
day I am just drained...
Tonight in fact I am re-assembling a Real Martin Baker F/A-18 Ejection seat
from my collection in my living room....It has been dis-assembled for almost
a year and I have a large airshow to put it on display this weekend. If you
can imagine, my wife is not pleased about all this metal scattered about
around the living room ( I am taking a great marital risk!)
Normally I really enjoy this, but I am so run down from a trip I took last
week and the presentation we gave today at work that its kind of a
chore...but it HAS to be done by Friday.
This group is facinating to watch for me, and in the end, I am the same as
the rest of you becuase before I was in this bussiness, I was a homebuilder
and I still am to this day. I am about the passion that makes us stay up
late, I am about the maney we blow on Ebay or shipping or telephone
calls....I am about the satisfaction when its 4 in the morning and you sit
back and look at the masterpiece that you just created (I am not about
trying to explain to my wife why I do it though)
Luckily I work in the dreamland of all CAD design and CNC machining, and I
have a very sympathetic boss...he is building four full size F-16's 1 to 1
scale ( Joab you gotta come see this) the first fuselage was mated together
last week. My boss is doing this as a self funded project, he wants to keep
one and sell the other three to fund the keeper. His keeper will be painted
up in Thunderbird colors and parked in the front of the building during the
day ( yes he is insane like us all)
This replica will feature a fully rendered cockpit and will be on its
landing gear.
To all the passionate problem solvers on this forum, my hat is off to you.
Every day I see fantastic energy and creativity with you all,,,keep it up.
Thanks,

Chris