[simpits-tech] to MARV re: RP

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:27:38 -0400

Let's put it this way.  A shop will charge more than $50 an hour for mill
work.

Even with CAD drawings and CNC machines there is no way you can get a
finished mold in two hours time.  I can assure you that there is all kind of
set up involved, so I would expect more than 2 hours.

My shop experience is lower than experts, and I do not have a CNC mill.

If I can buy a knob for $50 and spend another hour making a mold using that
knob, I have probably saved myself money and time and I have a more accurate
part in the end.

Yes, clear resin is a candidate, but it requires heated molds.