[simpits-tech] Rotary switches

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:23:30 -0500

I don't have a cockpit yet, but I thought about trying to turn an old
computer case I have into a super-low-budget avionics stack. I have a
keyboard I can hack, so stuff like autopilot functions etc should be
easy to set up by using momentary buttons. But I need a rotary swtich
for tuning radios.

Here's the deal. I'm using X-Plane 5.x and it has two buttons for radio
frequencies, one button tunes up and the other tunes down. I need a
momentary rotary switch that will function as one keypress when turned
one direction, and another keypress when turned the other direction. I
looked around mouser.com a bit but I don't really know what I'm looking
for...I know how it needs to function but I don't know the name of it.
Anyone know what this switch is called, or does such a switch even
exist?

	-Matt Bailey