[simpits-tech] 7 Segment/LCD displays

Chris Brace simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:58:25 +1200

Ido, Sorry but for now Im working in VB6-SP4. (And it still leaks like a
siv!!!)
I'm planning on porting and coding in C++ (and will most likely use
VC++), but not just yet.

What are you working on ?

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Ido Dekkers
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 8:56 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] 7 Segment/LCD displays

Hi Chris,
Does your software happen to be in VC++ ?
if so please let me know

Ido

             Chris Brace

             <chris.brace@pa

             radise.net.nz>
             Sent by:                 simpits-tech@simpits.org

             simpits-tech-ad
cc
             min@simpits.org

bcc

             10/01/2002
Subject
             11:45 AM                 Re: [simpits-tech] 7 Segment/LCD

                                      displays

             Please respond

             to simpits-tech

Try www.phidgets.com.
Ive been using a prototype of the 8x7seg displays for about 3 months
now, and they work really well. The production units are just about
ready, and are really well priced. Chester also has a rotary encoder
that you can use for tuning them. Ive got a sample program on my website
that will work for COM1

that connects to the sim and tune's in the radio.
Writting code to use them is very simple, I currently use Visual Basic
and the FSUIPC sample code is a breese. I have done parts of what your
wanting to do already, and am happy to help if you need some. You can
contact me privately for help if you want some help.
(chris.brace@paradise.net.nz). Cheers

Chris.
www.chrisb.co.nz

> Hello all
>
> I am a bit lost for resources. I need to know eveything I possibly can

> to have 7 segment/LCD displays for comms/nav/adf/xpndr/dme and
> autopilot to operate from FS2002 through the 9/25 pin serial ports.
>
> What software can simply extract from FS2002 and write to the ports?
> Can I use FSUIPC SDK?
>
> Help appreciated
> Thanks
> Mark Pain